The Global Citizen Fellowship Program in Africa 2022 is now accepting applications.
Through a paid, year-long fellowship aligned with one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, policy and campaigns, rewards, and marketing, the program unearths the remarkable potential of up to 15 young people in South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya — with the fellowship launching for the first time in Kenya in 2022.
The program is designed to provide fellows the skills and resources they need to succeed not just at Global Citizen, but in their future undertakings as well. The fellows are taught how to use digital technology for social change, how to deliver compelling stories that alter people’s minds, how to develop long-term professional partnerships, and how to think creatively in a changing world.
The fellowship follows a five-phase curriculum that includes interactive courses on leadership, advocacy, international development, global citizenship, and work preparedness. Experts from a variety of industries provide these modules through master lectures, experiential learning, mentorship, and learning tours.
- Each fellow will be assigned to the Global Citizen Africa team, which is situated in both South Africa and Nigeria, and will undergo hands-on training through real-world experience.
- Finally, fellows will be given the skills and tools they need to find jobs after their time with Global Citizen, ensuring that they have the best opportunity of realizing their goals.
Global Citizen Fellowship Program | Eligibility Criteria
- The program is open to young South Africans, Nigerians, and Kenyans aged 21 to 25 who have a matric or secondary school diploma and are ready to enroll from July 19, 2022, to June 30, 2023.
- In addition, applicants must be able to live in Johannesburg or Lagos for the duration of the program.
- Kenyans can apply from anywhere in the country and will be able to participate electronically.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are active Global Citizens, either via community service or by use of Global Citizen’s website or app.
How to Apply for Global Citizen Fellowship Program
From now until April 29, 2022, applications are accepted. Send a two- to three-minute video addressing the following questions as part of your application:
- As a global citizen, what characteristics do you identify with?
- What long-term change would you hope to see through the program if you were chosen?
- What specific socioeconomic challenges are you addressing, and why are you doing so?
You may also contribute a 500- to 700-word essay answering the same questions if you prefer writing.
Send your application and a copy of your ID or passport to [email protected] You can also email your application to +27 64 936 3570 over WhatsApp.
Deadline: April 29, 2022
Visit Global Citizen Fellowship for more information.
Recommended for You