The Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2022 is now accepting applications.
The Curtis Fellowship for 2022 is an annual leadership development program for students aged 18 to 21 from marginalized communities in South Africa who exemplify global citizenship principles.
Through an innovative and engaging program, Curtis Fellows will improve their professional and personal development. Fellows will get letters of recommendation, advice on future endeavors, and the opportunity to network with other Curtis Fellow graduates once the program is completed.
The Curtis Fellows will research social issues and creative international organizations with an emphasis on poverty reduction in Global Citizen’s subject areas, with support from members of the Global Citizen staff.
- From April through October, an innovative and engaging curriculum centered on personal and professional growth was offered.
- In late September, an all-expenses-paid study trip to New York City will be offered, which will include visits to cultural sites, meetings with business experts, and more (if travel permits)
- Various industry professionals will speak as part of a speaker series.
- Internships and networking opportunities are both available.
- Access to a burgeoning alumni network, as well as a slew of other benefits
- For a part-time engagement between April and October 2022, a monthly stipend will be given.
Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 21 years old at the time of application.
- Travel experience is limited;
- a family with a household income of less than R 120 000;
- Those who have previously been disadvantaged are particularly urged to apply.
How to Apply for the Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship
Applicants must email [email protected] a 2-3 minute video or a 500-700 word essay answering the following questions:
- As a global citizen, what characteristics do you identify with?
- What long-term change would you hope to see through the program if you were chosen?
- What specific socioeconomic challenges are you addressing, and why are you doing so?
- To be eligible for the Curtis Fellowship, applicants must submit a letter of reference from a teacher/professor, school administration, community leader, or coworker.
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Visit the Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship website for additional information.
Recommended for You