The Global Changemakers (GCM) Grants 2022 for Youth-Led Projects in North America are now accepting applications.
GCM will provide funds to programs in the United States and Canada that work toward the UN Sustainable Development Goals, in keeping with its purpose of empowering young people to make a positive difference.
GCM has provided funding to over 450 youth-led initiatives from across the globe since the inception of its awards program in 2009, with a cumulative effect of over 15 million people. Their aim is to enhance the ability of young people to generate their own answers to the difficulties they face in their communities and trust them to implement these ideas by offering mentorship, skills development, and grant financing.
- A grant of $2,500 USD will be awarded to selected projects.
Requirements for the Global Changemakers Grants
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 28.
- Applicants must live in one of the designated target areas in the United States or Canada.
- Grantees must have knowledge of and/or expertise in project implementation. It is not necessary to have finished the Project Management for Changemakers Course in order to submit your application; however, if you are chosen to receive a grant, you must complete the course; enroll here.
- Grants will be given to initiatives that contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Within one year of obtaining the award, the planned project must be executed and finished in the city where you now reside.
- They expect grantees to be able to comprehend and communicate in English with ease. It is suggested that you have a proficiency level of C1 or above.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications:
Stage of Development: Determines whether or not the project is ready to accept and manage modest funding.
Problem-Solution Fit: Determines if the project (1) aligns with Global Changemakers’ problems of concern, (2) is clearly associated with the social/environmental issue it wants to address, and (3) is compatible with the applicant’s own motivation.
Social/Environmental Impact: Projects with clear indicators and a strategy to analyze them will be favored above those with hazy effect targets.
Capacity for Scale: Determines if a project’s reach, outcomes, and social/environmental effect have the potential to expand.
Accessibility, Equity, and Inclusion: Determines if programs that target and/or are led by minorities and/or adolescents in rural regions enhance accessibility, equity, and inclusion.
Commitment and Delivery Capability: Assesses how much time, knowledge, and devotion the project team puts into it. Applicants who show a commitment to the project and possess the necessary knowledge will be given priority over those who cannot establish their commitment or delivery capabilities.
Application Effort: This metric assesses how much effort was put into each step of the application process. Applicants who supply us with comprehensive replies and application materials will be given priority over those who omit critical information or do not indicate that they have put forth sufficient effort in the process.
How to Apply for the Global Changemakers Grants
You must fill out the official application form to apply for the award; they will not accept any other kind of application. The form will request your contact information, project specifics, and a link to a one-minute video pitch.
The video pitch should be no more than one minute long and should address the following points:
- What social/environmental issue or SDG-related concern is your initiative attempting to solve?
- What are your project’s/approach solutions to the issue?
- What drives you to take the lead on this project?
You must do the following while filming the video:
- Make an appearance in the video
- Be clear and concise
- Make sure they can comprehend what you’re saying (avoid background noise as much as possible).
You must not:
- Use copyrighted music or any other material that you don’t own the rights to.
- Make it last more than one minute.
Deadline: From April 25 through May 29, 2022, grants will be assessed and given on a rolling basis. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
To apply, go to this link.
Visit Global Changemakers for more information.
Recommended for You