For the academic semester 2022/23, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is accepting applications for GIST Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students in Korea.
The goal of gist is to develop technological entrepreneurship driven by students, teachers, and locals in order to establish a basis for national/local employment generation.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers
- Full tuition fee
- Student allowance: ₩130,000/month
- Meal allowance: ₩270,000/month
- International allowance: ₩130,000/month
- Settlement subsidy: ₩200,000
- Flight reimbursement: One-way flight
GIST Undergraduate Scholarships Requirement
- Candidates who can provide an apostille (or consular verification) high school diploma before the registration deadline.
Applicants must be citizens of another country and meet one of the following requirements.
- Either neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen OR the applicant is a Korean citizen.
- An applicant of Korean origin must have completed elementary, middle, and high school outside of Korea and must have never attended any Korean schools.
- For the International Students Admission process, GIST does not recognize alternative qualification examinations and programs such as GED, home schooling, online courses, or other similar qualifications.
- If they provide an explanation letter and documentation, applicants who have engaged in online learning with their school owing to COVID-19 are eligible.
- In Korea, international schools are not recognized as foreign schools.
- Citizens of Korea who have dual or multiple citizenship are unable to apply.
- If an applicant of non-Korean origin meets the eligibility requirements but has attended high school in Korea, he or she is eligible to apply.
- If an application has just one legal guardian, the citizenship of that legal guardian will be taken into account when determining the applicant’s eligibility. (Evidential paperwork proving legal guardianship and custody for that guardian must be supplied.)
- Every candidate must apply as a first-year student.
How to Apply for GIST Undergraduate Scholarships
Students must submit
- An application Form
- One Recommendation Letter
- High School Profile
- English Proficiency Test Score Report
- Standardized Official Test Score Report
- High School/University Transcript
- Passport Copy of applicant and both parents
- Official Document of Parent-child relationship
- High School Diploma (or Certification of expected graduation)
- Statement of Financial Resources
Deadline: Applications for the GIST Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students close February 15, 2022.
Click here for More Details
Recommended for You: