For the academic year 2022/23, Cavendish University in Uganda is accepting applications for the General Gabriel Jok Riak Scholarship.
The General Gabriel Jok Riak Scholarship was created in 2018 to honor General Gabriel Jok Riak, a distinguished alumnus of Cavendish University Uganda who was named Chief of Defence Forces of the South Sudan Defence Forces (SSDF) a day after graduation.
Each academic year, the University Scholarship Committee (USC) provides this scholarship to two (2) South Sudanese students who are beginning their first year of any degree program at Cavendish University Uganda and who have been recommended in writing by General Gabriel Jok Riak.
Worth of Scholarship
- The scholarship covers the whole cost of tuition and fees.
- The beneficiary is responsible for all other costs and expenses, including air travel or other modes of transportation from the student’s home country to the University, living expenses (accommodation, food, scholastic materials, travel to and from the University during the semester, etc.) and immigration permission.
Requirements for the General Gabriel Riak Scholarship
The scholarship is a need-based and merit-based financial assistance option that may be provided based on any one or a combination of factors, such as financial need, academic performance, and proven leadership characteristics.
Candidates must satisfy the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- General Gabrel Jok Riak’s letter of nomination
- Intention to attend University sessions in person. This scholarship is not available for distance learning.
- Have at least three Principal Passes in A-level or its equivalent acquired in one sitting within the last five years prior to the application deadline.
- Have at least 6 O’ Level or equivalent passes
- Demonstrate that they have the necessary English language skills to pursue university studies.
How to Apply for the General Gabriel Riak Scholarship
Nominated candidates must send their applications in the form of a formal letter to [email protected], along with the appropriate papers.
Only students enrolled at the university are eligible for this grant. (DL mode is not eligible) and is granted for the length of the beneficiary’s program of study, provided that the beneficiary maintains good academic progress.
Deadline: Closing soon
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You