GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security in Switzerland is currently accepting applications from eligible candidates for the year 2022.
The Geneva Centre for Security Policy is accepting proposals for the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security, which will be awarded in 2022 in Switzerland.
The award is intended to be applicable to all relevant disciplines and areas. Its goal is to promote and honour those who make significant contributions to novel ways to promote long-term global security.
A wide variety of projects, including but not limited to technical and conceptual breakthroughs, original research, and grassroots activities, may be eligible for selection.
Worth of Award:
- prize for the application coming in the first position is CHF 10’000 and a certificate of excellence.
- two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition.
- winners (first, second and third place) will be announced publicly during an event to be held in November 2022.
GCSP Prize Eligibility
- The prize is granted for ideas that contribute to global security and have been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations by any person, group of people, or organization (private or public sector). Each candidate is only permitted to submit one application.
- Applications may originate from any country, but the initiatives must transcend beyond national boundaries in their scope and thought and must attempt to address global security in novel ways. A wide variety of projects, including but not limited to technical and conceptual breakthroughs, original research, and grassroots activities, may be eligible for selection.
- The award is meant to stimulate and acknowledge excellence in novel methods to improve global security in the long run.
- Participants who are GCSP employees or staff, as well as their family members, are not eligible.
How to Apply for GCSP Prize
To be considered, applications must be submitted using the online application form for the prize and will consist of:
- A project abstract of no more than 250 words.
- A well-written project description of no more than 1,000 words in length The application should contain a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s relevance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and a clear demonstration of how the idea contributes to this area in a creative way.
- A maximum of five picture files (optional).
- Applications received via any other means will be ignored.
- All applications must be sent in English.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is September 22, 2022, at 18:00 UTC+2.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you