Wits University in South Africa is accepting applications for the Future Ecosystems for Africa PhD Scholarship for the academic year 2022/23.
The successful PhD candidate for the Oppenheimer Generations Future Ecosystems for Africa program will conduct research (FEFA).
Through thought leadership and evidence-based research across the continent, FEFA aspires to influence policy measures to improve the resilience of African ecosystems and the well-being of its people.
Work Package 1: Futures thinking for identifying vulnerabilities/tipping points and harnessing chances for African informed transformational change would be requested of the PhD applicant.
This work package attempts to use futures thinking approaches to assist stakeholders to make informed decisions to envision more attractive futures for Africa that are not based on business as usual
Its goal is to provide a theoretical and comprehensive framework for prioritizing ecosystem-based interventions in Africa, including what to conserve and how to protect it, what to rehabilitate, and who should be heard in decision-making.
Worth of Award
The project of the PhD applicant will be
- In accordance with university regulations, you will be fully financed for four years.
- with funding for significant fieldwork provided, and
- Workshops and other events, including international conferences, will be available in plenty.
Future Ecosystems for Africa PhD Scholarship Requirements
Minimum needs are as follows:
- MSc in Development, Sustainability Science, Geography, and Environmental Science or a related topic of study
- Working on cross-disciplinary projects, ideally in the sciences and engineering, is a plus humanities.
- Experience working on impact-driven initiatives on the African continent and a strong desire to do so continent.
Additional conditions: It would be helpful if you have prior experience with the following:
- Facilitation, particularly via the use of scenarios and other approaches for predicting the future.
- Analyzing qualitative data
- Analyzing quantitative data
- Evidence of peer-reviewed journal publications
- A careful examination of sustainable transformation ideas and cross-disciplinary research.
How to Apply for Future Ecosystems for Africa PhD Scholarship
Please submit the following documents to [email protected] to apply:
- a one-page project proposal overview based on the project description above, and
- a piece of written work as an example
Deadline: The application deadline for the Future Ecosystems for Africa PhD Scholarship is Friday, January 14, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: