The French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Program 2022 is now accepting applications.
The program provides 10-month fellowships at the Aix-Marseille Institute, the Loire Valley Institute, Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes, and Paris Institutes.
It invites submissions from internationally renowned researchers and scientists, mainly in the social sciences and humanities (SSH). The competition is accessible to all SSH disciplines and research subjects. Other science-related research initiatives having a transversal discourse with SSH are also acceptable. It is strongly advised that you visit the Institutes’ websites to learn more about their mission, research interests, and collaborators.
The Fellows will benefit from the IAS’s support and supportive scientific environment, which is distinguished by an interdisciplinary cohort of fellows and a tight connection to local research potential. The fellows will have complete autonomy over how they arrange their work and conduct research.
French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
- FIAS grants scholarships to excellent researchers at various stages of their careers, from postdocs to senior scientists.
- At the time of application, a PhD plus two years of research experience is the minimal requirement. Scholars having a Master’s degree and 6 years of full-time research experience following graduation will be granted an exception (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- The FIAS Fellowship Program is open to researchers from all nations, although they must have spent no more than 12 months in France in the three years preceding the application deadline.
How to Apply for the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship
Before applying, make sure you meet the qualifying requirements and read the guide for applicants.
The following items will be included in the required application materials (all in English):
- The filled-out online application
- A thorough curriculum vitae with a list of publications
- a duplicate of the diploma
- A thorough research proposal (maximum 5 pages plus 1 page of bibliography)
- Three to five publications are chosen (articles or book chapters)
- Only the Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), the Collegium de Lyon, MAK’IT (Montpellier IAS), and the Paris IAS need a letter of support/interest from a local scientific partner.
- Optional: Up to two letters of recommendation
Deadline: June 2, 2022
See FAQ and FIAS Fellowship for further details.
Recommended for You