The Food Environment Research Group Postdoctoral Fellowship in South Africa in 2022 is open for applications at the University of the Western Cape School of Public Health.
The university’s vision is for populations in developing countries, particularly Africa, to have optimal and comprehensive health and well-being by living in healthy and sustainable environments with access to and participation in appropriate, high-quality, comprehensive, and equitable basic services, including health services and systems, rooted in human rights and social justice.
Worth of Award
- The fellowships will be available for one year commencing in 2022 and will be worth R200,000 per year (tax-free). A one-year extension is anticipated, but only if development is sufficient.
- Successful applicants will have access to research and publishing possibilities, as well as options for additional training, career advancement, and cooperation with national and international scholars.
Food Environment Research Group Postdoctoral Fellowship Requirements
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered.
- I’ve completed my PhD in the last five years. For applicants who did not acquire their certification in South Africa, a genuine SAQA certificate should be in hand at the time of submission.
- a field study in public health, nutrition, health economics, medicine, or a related area
- a good academic record that includes peer-reviewed publications and proof of research experience
- not have a prior post-doctoral appointment
Applicants are also expected to
- be physically present in South Africa, due to the nature of the research projects.
How to Apply for Food Environment Research Group Postdoctoral Fellowship
The following information is required of applicants for the Food Environment Research Group Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- A motivational cover letter (1-2 pages) outlining the candidate’s qualifications and specifying the particular project(s) of interest.
- A CV that lists all of your publications and other intellectual research accomplishments.
- Evidence of published work and writing abilities (which can be copies of or a link to relevant previous peer-reviewed publications).
- If a SAQA certificate is required, please attach a copy of the certificate.
- At least three references who have overseen or worked with the applicant and can testify to their expertise and abilities.
Deadline: Completed applications need to be submitted by no later than January 10, 2022, by 5 pm.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: