For the Fetisov Journalism Awards in 2022, the Fetisov Charitable Foundation welcomes submissions from exceptional journalists from all across the globe.
The objective of the Fetisov Journalism Awards is to promote universal human values such as honesty, fairness, bravery, and nobility by recognizing exceptional journalists from across the globe who, by their committed work and devotion, help to improve the world.
Worth of Award
- The Fetisov Journalism Awards have a total prize pool of 520,000 CHF. Three winners in each category will receive a monetary reward of 130,000 CHF (including taxes, as required by law):
- The winner of the first prize will get 100,000 CHF.
- The winner of the second prize will get 20,000 CHF.
- The winner of the third prize will get 10,000 CHF.
Fetisov Journalism Awards | Eligibility Criteria
- Professional journalists, including members of the media, professional journalism organizations (unions/associations/societies), and freelance journalists, are eligible to participate.
- Self-nominations are allowed.
- A maximum of three (three) journalists from one journalistic organization/media platform may be nominated to compete.
- A representative of a recognized group nominating another journalist or a candidate may fill out the submission form. It is required that all information be presented in English.
- One person’s entry (one reporting or a series of reportings) is acceptable.
- From June 1st, 2021 to May 31st, 2022, publications (stories/articles/reportings) entered in the contest must have been published in printed media (newspapers/magazines/journals) and/or uploaded on media websites/outlets.
- The word limit for the publications that are being submitted is 20,000 words.
- The contest does not accept films, videos, or audio recordings as independent pieces of work.
- According to the website’s requirements, one publication must be included in the application form. If you’re entering the contest with a group of publications on the same topic, you must provide them all in one file. The attachment must be in PDF format and no more than 10 MB.
- If the application is submitted by a third party, a signed scanned copy of the author’s permission to participate in the contest must be included in the application form.
- If a group of writers collaborated on a nominated work, each author must sign a letter of approval. A letter of approval should be included in the application form and submitted through the internet (or numerous letters scanned in one file).
How to Apply for the Fetisov Journalism Awards
The following information must be entered into the form:
Information concerning a journalist’s representative’s personal life:
- Surname and first name;
- Professional journalism organization you are representing;
- Country of registration of the professional journalism organization;
- Contact details (phone number, e-mail)
- Personal details about the author of the publication:
- Surname and first name;
- Citizenship or country of residence;
- Author’s place of work (name of an organization and address);
- Author’s position;
- Contact details (phone number, e-mail);
- If the application is submitted by a third party, a signed copy of the author’s (writers’) agreement to participate in the contest (PDF, 10 Mb maximum size)
Information about the publication
- The competition’s category
- Information about the publication (title and platform on which the reporting was published, country of publication (for printed publications);
- Original publication language;
- Date of publication, link(s) to the publication;
- Reasons behind the nomination (a few statements)
Deadline: The deadline for submitting entries to the competition is August 1st, 2022. (23:59 UTC).
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You