The European Institute of Innovation and Technology in Food has issued a request for ideas for activities to be included in its Business Plan 2022.
EIT Food’s goal is a world where everyone can access and enjoy sustainable, secure, and nutritious food – from farm to fork – with trust and justice.
The goal of this Call for Proposals is to maximize the social, economic, and environmental effects of innovative ideas and consortia that fall within the scope of EIT Food’s Impact Framework, as outlined in their Strategic Agenda 2021-2027.
The Impact Framework of EIT Food focuses on four major impact goals for food system change:
- Improvements in the environment for greater public confidence in the food chain
- Obesity and Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) prevalence in target groups are reduced as a result of recognized dietary variables.
- Agri-food systems have a lower environmental effect.
- Providing the foundation for a circular and sustainable economy
Scope of Call 2022
EIT Food is seeking ideas from consortia of organizations for collaborative initiatives that will deliver new technological solutions to the agri-food industry.
The following major aspects must be included in proposals in response to this call:
- Propose one or more commercially viable, near-market innovative technological solutions that are associated with the EIT Food Focus Areas, Challenges, and Impact Framework.
- At the time of proposal submission, innovative solutions must have a TRL level of 7.
- By the end of 2023, all planned activities, regardless of length, must have launched at least one creative solution, with at least 10,000 EUR in income. Activities that terminate in 2024 must start a new marketable invention before December 31, 2024.
European Institute of Innovation and Technology in Food Requirements
- All organizations that are qualified for Horizon Europe financing are welcome to apply. To submit a proposal, you do not need to be an EIT Food partner.
- Organizations wishing to participate in the call must be Horizon Europe-qualified, i.e. incorporated in Europe or related countries, in order to be eligible for EU financing.
Application for the European Institute of Innovation and Technology in Food
- All activities must submit a detailed proposal to PLAZA, EIT Food’s online submission portal, in order to be considered.
- Existing EIT Food Partners do not need to register since PLAZA is already available to them.
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 14, 2022
Recommended for You: