European Development Days (2022). Europe’s primary forum on international relationships is the European Development Days (EDD).
The event, which is organized by the European Commission, brings together important players to exchange ideas and experiences in order to inspire new collaborations and creative solutions to the world’s most serious concerns.
The EDD will concentrate on “Global Gateway: Building Sustainable Partnerships for a Connected World” during its 15th edition. Global Gateway is a new European strategy aimed at boosting smart, clean, and secure digital, energy, and transportation linkages, as well as strengthening global health, education, and research networks. It advocates for long-term, trustworthy connections that benefit people and the environment in order to address the world’s most important issues, such as climate change and environmental protection, as well as increasing health security, competitiveness, and global supply chains.
The EDD provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for young people from across the globe who have significant knowledge and a strong commitment to constructive social change to express their perspectives, influence decision-makers, and stakeholders, and hone their leadership abilities. EDD will invite individuals chosen as EDD Young Leaders to participate in the High-Level Panels in Brussels in line with the law in force in June 2022.
EDD22 will welcome excellent Young Leaders from all across the world in compliance with the legislation in existence in June 2022.
Participants from across the globe with great knowledge and a commitment to constructive social change are invited to attend the workshops in Brussels. They will be the voice of their generation through engaging with the development community.
“Global Gateway: Building Sustainable Partnerships for a Connected World” will be the theme of this year’s EDD. Global Gateway is a new European strategy aimed at boosting smart, clean, and secure digital, energy, and transportation linkages, as well as strengthening global health, education, and research networks. The debates will be divided into five major themes and their subtopics.
• Digital growth that is inclusive and environmentally friendly • An open and secure internet • Digital and data
Climate and energy: • A green and equitable energy transition • Energy market integration
• Urban growth, smart and interconnected cities • Infrastructure connection • Green and safe transportation
• Supply chain security and the promotion of local manufacturers
• Science, Technology, Innovation, and Research (STIR) • High-quality education
Application Procedure for European Development Days:
- To submit your application to be one of the EDD Young Leaders this year, please create an online profile on the EDD website.
- Once you have registered your profile, you will be able to start the online application process to participate in the EDD 2022 Young Leaders Programme.
- Only submitted forms will be evaluated. The deadline to submit proposals is 25 March at 23.59 CET.
Application Deadline: 25 March 2022 at 23.59 CET.
Visit the official website European Development Days
Recommeded for you