European Commission Youth4Regions Program is now accepting applications from journalism students and young journalists.
Are you a journalist, a student interested in becoming a journalist, or a young journalist? Applications for the 2022 European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists are now being accepted. All successful candidates will get full funding for this program.
The European Commission’s Youth4Regions initiative assists journalism students and young journalists in learning about what the EU is doing in their area.
The Youth4Regions initiative of the European Commission is for budding journalists. The initiative aims to assist journalism students and young journalists in learning about what the EU is doing in their area.
The European Commission will pay all fees or costs involved with traveling to Brussels in October, including transport, meals, and lodging. Former participants’ applications will not be considered.
Company/Organisation(s): European Commission
Program Type: Students & Graduate Program
Program Location: Brussels
Program Duration: 12 months plus
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Young Graduates
Nationality: EU or neighbouring country Citizens
Eligible Countries: Besides the EU Member States and the United Kingdom, other countries accepted in the programme are: Albania, the Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo), ENI countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia, as well as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine) and EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland).
Eligibility: Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be considered for the European Commission Youth4Regions Program:
- Applicants must be interested in the impact of EU regional policy in their area.
- Applicants must have prior journalistic experience (studies or up to 2 years of experience)
- Between the ages of 18 and 30, EU or neighboring country citizens
Availability from October 8 through 14, 2022
- Former participants’ applications will not be considered.
- Only journalists with up to two years of experience (as of the closing date of the application period) are eligible.
Program Benefits: All participants in the program will have the following benefits:
- Training on journalism and EU regional policy.
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country.
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week.
- Visits EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions.
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to the Member States.
- Accommodation, food, and travel expenses are covered by the European Commission.
How to Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists are required to submit their applications online for the program.
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you