High-flying individuals are encouraged to apply for the Engineering for Development, E4D Doctoral Scholarships Programme at the ETH Zurich, Switzerland, in 2022.
The Sawiris Foundation for Social Developmentcall_made and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation kindly finance the E4D Programme.
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Program’s purpose is to foster research and education for the benefit of low-income people in developing nations. The award amount is 175’000 CHF, which will cover the doctorate students’ wage expenditures for three years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Scholarship Worth: 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Doctoral Students
Nationality: International Students
ETH Zurich E4D Doctoral Scholarships 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
- It is strongly suggested that applicants have prior interaction with an ETH professor in their area of study.
- Applicants must have a high level of English proficiency (the following certificates are accepted)
- Applicants with a maximum age of 40 years are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have an excellent MSc or MA degree with a strong academic record.
- ONLY contact an ETH professor if you have a specific project in mind.
How to Apply for the ETH Zurich E4D Doctoral Scholarships
Eligible candidates must apply online using the Application Form for E4D Doctoral Scholarships to be considered for the Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship Program.
- Project description (using this template (DOCX, 14 KB) vertical align bottom)
- CV of the candidate
- Excellent master’s or master’s degree from a reputable institution, as well as grade transcripts
- Letter of support from the ETH Zurich supervising professor, precisely detailing the financial contribution to the project
- 2 letters of recommendation from people in your area of study
- Own publications or documentation of project-related activities are acceptable.
- 5 independent external reviewers’ names and contact information
Deadline for applications: April 30, 2022.
For more information, go to the official website.
Recommended for You