The EQUALS in Tech Awards 2022 are now accepting nominations. They’re interested in hearing about global initiatives, projects, movements, organizations, and institutions trying to close the gender digital gap.
EQUALS is looking for nominations for major and small efforts from all across the globe in the following award categories:
Acces: Initiatives aimed at enhancing women’s and girls’ access to, and security with, digital technology.
Skills: Programs that help women and girls improve their science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills.
Leadership in Tech: Initiatives aimed at increasing the number of women in decision-making positions in the ICT area.
SME leadership: initiatives pushed by tech businesses to reduce the digital gender gap
Research: Initiatives that prioritize gender digital divide research and the production of verifiable evidence to address diversity challenges in STEM and computer professions.
- Winners become part of a vibrant, supportive community and increase their networks among like-minded groups.
- Winning an EQUALS in Tech Award allows you to network with like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, activists, researchers, and leaders from international organizations, academia, and the business sector.
- Winners of EQUALS competitions are usually asked to promote their work via numerous means.
- Finally, winners are asked to serve on an Advisory Panel that selects award winners in the future.
EQUALS in Tech Awards | Eligibility Criteria
- Open to all people and groups, regardless of language or nationality, who desire to propose initiatives targeted at furthering gender equality via the use of information and communication technologies.
- They’re searching for new ideas and projects that promote gender equality online and in the IT industry.
- Initiatives and projects that are eligible should:
- Reach out to girls and women in a meaningful manner.
- Once reconfigured/adapted to various settings, have the ability to scale or be copied;
- Be creative.
- Collaboration with partners is essential.
EQUALS in Tech Awards | Application Procedure
There are six languages in which the nomination form is available:
Deadline: May 6, 2022
For more information and to apply, click here
Recommended for You