Equal Access Scholarships are being offered by the University of York in the United Kingdom for students seeking shelter in the United Kingdom and want to study an undergraduate degree program in 2022.
The University of York, founded on the ideas of excellence, equality, and opportunity for everyone, began with just 230 students in 1963.
Since then, they’ve established themselves as one of the world’s top colleges, establishing a reputation as an intellectual powerhouse with a distinct emphasis on quality that has earned them national and worldwide prominence alongside more established schools.
They are a vibrant, research-intensive institution devoted to the development of life-saving discoveries and innovative technologies to address some of the world’s most urgent concerns. They are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of universities.
There are currently over 30 academic departments and research centers on campus, with a student population of about 16,000 students.
Worth of Award
The scholarship provides:
- a full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees)
- a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs
Equal Access Scholarships Requirement
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must complete the following steps:
- have restricted or discretionary permission to stay in the UK or
- be a dependant or partner of someone who has the discretionary or financial power
- restricted permission to stay or
- You, your parent/guardian, or your spouse have applied for asylum or humanitarian protection and have yet to receive a decision from the Home Office*.
- You applied for asylum when you arrived in the UK, and you applied for a university seat before that.
- Due to your immigration status, you will be unable to receive mainstream UK student finance, i.e. you will be ineligible for Student Finance for the academic year 2021/22.
- not having finished a bachelor’s degree
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a four-year undergraduate study at York University
- York is your first option (strong decision) according to UCAS.
*If you have already been granted Refugee Status or Humanitarian Protection status, you can apply for financial support from Student Finance England (gov.uk).
How to Apply for Equal Access Scholarships
- This scholarship must be applied for online using their scholarship application form (available on their web page)
- You must provide the following information as part of your application:
- a 500-word personal statement stating why you want to be considered for the scholarship
- proof of the current status of your asylum or humanitarian protection application
- Only two applications will be chosen since this is a competitive procedure.
- The successful scholarship grantees will be chosen by a panel of senior University employees.
Deadline: You must submit your application form before the deadline of April 19, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: