The Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards 2022 is now accepting applications.
The Awards are an annual accolade given to the finest photographic publication by an African or African-based photographer.
The Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards, which began in September 2021, honors the photobook’s contribution to the changing story of photography, with an emphasis on the African continent.
- A $20,000 prize will be awarded to the photographer(s)/artist(s) whose finished, publicly available photobook is judged to be the best of the year.
- Five books will be selected for the shortlist, presented on the EIGER FOUNDATION website accompanied by the jury’s comments. The four runner-ups of the shortlisted photographers will receive a prize of $3,000 each.
Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards Requirements
- The Eiger Foundation African Photobook of the Year Award honors a book in which photography is the primary material and one or more photographers’ work is included (s).
- Physical copies of the book are required.
- Between January 1, 2019, and January 1, 2022, books must be created or published.
- Only the photographer, the publisher, or a third party acting with the photographer’s permission may submit entries for either prize.
- Books must be published on the African continent by an African photographer or a publisher based on the continent.
- Non-African photographers and non-African publishers may also submit books with an African subject.
- Text-only publications, as well as exhibition catalogs or museum publications, are not eligible.
- Photographs from any genre or subject may be included in the book.
Application for Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards
You will need to provide the following information on the submittable entry form:
- the title of the book, the year it was published, and the name of the publisher
- A book blurb is a brief overview or synopsis of the book.
- Name of photographer or author
- Dimensions of the book and the number of pages
- Information about the distribution
- A rendering or picture of the book cover (JPG file)
- In PDF format, a digital copy of your book
Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards Deadline
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: March 1, 2021
Recommended for You: