For studies beginning in 2022, East China Normal University in China is accepting applications for ECNU Shanghai Government Scholarships.
Shanghai Government Scholarships are awarded to outstanding overseas students who apply to East China Normal University for undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral programs.
Applicants for the undergraduate program who do not have a qualifying HSK level may apply for a one-year pre-college Chinese program that is fully funded.
If the applicant is still unable to acquire the required HSK level after completing the pre-college program, he or she will be classified as a language student.
The Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship was founded in 2006 with the goal of advancing international student education in Shanghai and attracting more exceptional foreign students and scholars to ECNU.
The East China Normal Institution (ECNU) is a Shanghai-based comprehensive public research university.
It was created in 1951 when the Great China University (founded in 1924) and Kwang Hua University (founded in 1925) merged, with their ultimate roots in the city’s St. John’s College, which was founded in 1879.
Its initial purpose, as implied by the name “Normal,” was to prepare teachers for secondary and higher education, but it quickly attracted world-class scholars and grew into an exceptional research-intensive institution.
Worth of Award
Type A (Full scholarship)
- Tuition is waived, and on-campus housing is provided, as well as full medical insurance and monthly living expenses (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
Type B (Partial scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
ECNU Shanghai Government Scholarships Requirement
- Non-Chinese nationals must apply, as well as be in excellent health.
- Applicants must be in good physical condition.
- Applicants for Chinese-language courses must have a valid new HSK-5 grade or above. If they register for courses taught in English, applicants do not need to provide an HSK score, but they may provide an English language certificate.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 to be considered for the master’s degree program.
- Doctoral degree applicants must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for the undergraduate program must have completed high school and be under the age of 25.
How to Apply for ECNU Shanghai Government Scholarships
- Apply online for ECNU and pay the application cost.
- Applicants can visit http://study.shmec.gov.cn/ to register and apply online (the institutional code of ECNU is 10269). Download the application form and submit the online application.
- Download and print the application form after submitting the online application. Two sets of application papers (one set of originals and one set of photocopies) should be sent to the following address:
International Student Office, East China Normal University
ADD: Room 253, Physics Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Rd, Shanghai, China
Deadline: The application closes on May 10, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: