Join the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council in 2022 by submitting an application.
EarthEcho was created on the conviction that young people have the ability to make a positive difference in the world. You are cordially welcomed to become a member of the Youth Leadership Council!
The EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council is a group of young environmental leaders that are chosen yearly via a competitive application process to lead EarthEcho’s education programs as well as create and execute campaigns to organize young people throughout the globe to defend our ocean habitat.
As you shape EarthEcho International’s work and mission, you will grow as an environmental leader, gain an understanding of the operations of an international non-profit organization, and build connections with your peers and EarthEcho partners working around the world to ensure a sustainable future.
Requirements for the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- At the time of application, you must be between the ages of 15 and 22.
- Demonstrate an interest in environmental protection and youth leadership;
- Have prior experience collaborating with a group of adolescents and adults;
- Have a desire to support EarthEcho International’s work and contribute to the development of EarthEcho’s programs from a young viewpoint;
- Possess excellent written and vocal communication abilities in English.
How to Apply for the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council
Young conservation leaders from all across the globe may apply for the 2022 YLC until May 2, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EDT!
You will be asked to reply to the following essay questions while completing your application (maximum of 250 words per answer). It’s a good idea to write down your responses to these questions before beginning the online application process.
- Why do you want to serve as an EarthEcho International Youth Leadership Council Member?
- What special abilities and experiences will you contribute to the Youth Leadership Council, and how will they benefit EarthEcho International’s mission?
- Why is teamwork important? Describe an instance when you worked as part of a team or organized one to achieve a goal or overcome a challenge.
- What is an environmental issue you are passionate about and why? You have the option of making a video answer in response to Question 4. You may submit either an essay or a video answer, but not both. The video response time limit is three minutes.
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline: May 2, 2022
Visit EarthEcho for more information.
Recommended for You