For the academic year 2022/2023, the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) is accepting applications for the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship in Singapore.
The Association of Banks in Singapore administers the Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship, which is a private-sector scholarship (ABS).
Every year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar) to pursue undergraduate studies at local universities in Singapore, such as the National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU), and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) (SUTD).
The Dr GKS Scholarship Fund was established by Singapore’s financial sector to honor the former Deputy Prime Minister, who aided Singapore’s economic progress and rise as a respected worldwide financial center.
Worth of Scholarship
The scholarship can be used for up to four years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It contains the following information:
- Fees for tuition and other mandatory expenses;
- Airfare (to Singapore and back to home country when education is completed);
- Maintenance allowance of SGD6500 per year;
- Hostel allowance dependent on the institution of study; and a one-time SGD200 settling-in stipend upon arrival in Singapore.
The scholarship grant is subject to annual review and is contingent on a good performance and academic outcomes.
Requirements for the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship
- Students from Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar are eligible for the Dr GKS Scholarship. The Dr GKS Scholarship is not open to Singapore citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants should apply to NUS, NTU, SMU, or SUTD at the same time. The majority of courses (with the exception of specialty courses such as Medicine) will be evaluated. Applicants must follow the university’s deadlines and requirements for admission.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and academic and co-curricular activity (CCA) accomplishments;
- Have taken the SAT or made special arrangements to take it; (for more information on SAT and registration for the test, please refer to the College Board website).
How to Apply Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship
- Please submit your application on the internet.
- In April 2022, shortlisted candidates will be required to take an online personality profiling test.
- elected applicants will attend the final interview and a session scheduled for end-May/June 2022.
- Please refer to the FAQs or email GKS [email protected] with any questions.
Deadline for application: March 31, 2022.
Click here for more details and to apply
Recommended for You