The Dalai Lama Fellows Programme, which will take place in 2022 at the University of Virginia’s Contemplative Sciences Center, is accepting applications.
This fellowship cultivates and supports a worldwide movement of next-generation leaders who are merging contemplative practice with social innovation to tackle global issues in ways that are locally adapted and that promote human flourishing in order to promote human flourishing.
During their time as Dalai Lama Fellows, emerging leaders will participate in a rigorous, interdisciplinary program that will teach them how to be a different kind of leader—a leader who connects with and cares for himself or herself extends genuine compassion to others, and works for our common humanity.
They learn techniques for enhancing self-awareness, self-care, and resilience, connecting with people and working across differences, and for creating solutions that will benefit future generations. They also learn how to connect with and work across differences.
Over the course of a year, each Fellow develops and executes an original Field Project that addresses a global concern with the assistance of mentors and coaches.
Following graduation, Fellows are invited to become members of the LifeLong Community, where they may engage with and support one another while continuing to further their leadership development.
Worth of Award
- During the Contemplative Leadership Assembly, the DLF will pay all of the expenses related to travel, housing, and meals.
- The Dalai Lama Fellowship is not a one-year experience, as many people believe. Developing Reimagining Leadership skills and developing the cause to create a society that works for all of us and for future generations is a lifelong commitment.
Dalai Lama Fellows Programme Requirements
In order to meet the bare minimum standards, an applicant must show the following via their application:
- Age requirements: between the ages of 20 and 36 as of February 1, 2022. ( A year of eligibility was added because Fellows were not selected in 2021).
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Current involvement with, or well-articulated plans for, a social change project, as well as a commitment to be involved with the project during the fellowship year (NOTE: due to the difficulty of launching a social innovation project from scratch, preference is given to applicants who have ongoing projects, but each year Fellows have been selected who have a concrete vision for a project and plan to launch during the fellowship year, given they have the adequate expertise, resources, and community connections at the time of applying).
- Expert understanding of the community and the problem that the project is attempting to resolve, ideally with at least one year of past experience working with the community.
- Throughout the year, there is an increased interest in learning and participating in meditative activities.
- Participation in all aspects of the program requires a commitment on your side (online learning platform, 1-on-1 coaching calls, group learning calls, etc.)
- It is predicted that full participation in the fellowship will take around 12 hours per month, not counting the time spent by Fellows working on their projects.
- Participation at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly, which will take place in late July 2022.
How to apply for Dalai Lama Fellows Programme
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows is divided into five major sections. These are:
- Background information and a summary of the applicant
- Questions requiring a brief essay
- Let me write you a letter of recommendation.
Dalai Lama Fellows Programme Deadline
Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2022, (11:59 pm Eastern US Time).
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: