The Dalai Lama Fellows Program 2022 is currently accepting applications.
The Dalai Lama Fellows program provides a rigorous, interdisciplinary, and deeply contemplative program for emerging social innovators to reimagine leadership as involving self-awareness, personal sustainability, genuine compassion for others, and the ability to navigate complex systems at multiple levels.
Fellows learn how to cultivate emotional intelligence, self-care, resilience, empathy, deep listening, and communication skills in order to develop systems that will allow humans and the earth to thrive for future generations.
Each Fellow executes an original field project addressing a local concern over the course of a year, with the help of mentors and coaches, and learns how to weave their personal change with the transformation of the communities with whom they engage.
Fellows join a network of LifeLong Fellows after graduation, with whom they engage in mutually helpful ways as they continue their leadership journeys.
Dalai Lama Fellows Program Requirements
- Applicant must be between the ages of 20 and 36 as of February 1, 2022 (they extended a year of eligibility since they did not pick Fellows in 2021; please do not question about age exceptions, as this is a strict condition);
- Be able to communicate in writing and spoken English;
- Current involvement in or clearly-articulated plans for a social change initiative, as well as ongoing involvement in the project during the fellowship year;
- Have a thorough understanding of the community and the problem that the project is attempting to solve, ideally with at least one year of prior experience working with the community;
- Throughout the year, a desire to study and engage in contemplative activities;
- Participation in all aspects of the program is a must (online learning platform, 1-on-1 coaching calls, group learning calls, etc.)
- They predict that complete participation in the fellowship will take roughly 12 hours per month, excluding Fellows’ project work.
- Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly, which will take place in late July 2022. (DLF will cover all costs for travel, lodging, and meals for the Assembly).
Tips for Successful Application
- They advise you to avoid giving them exactly what you believe they want to hear when you reflect on and react to application questions.
- Be true to yourself, and share your true self with your colleagues.
- This application gives you the chance to think about how you might improve as a leader.
- Be boldly brave, see yourself as a leader, and tell the organizers about it.
- Take your time answering each question. Drafts should be saved. Share your thoughts with trustworthy friends and coworkers.
- Not only are the most successful applications well-written, but they also show care and contemplation.
- They suggest going through the full application form first, then writing your replies in Google Docs or Microsoft Word offline.
- Make a backup copy in case of a technical malfunction or a lost connection.
Application for Dalai Lama Fellows Program
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of five main parts:
- Applicant background and overview
- Short essay questions
- Video submission
- Letter of recommendation
Dalai Lama Fellows Program Deadline
To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: February 1, 2022
Recommended for You: