The DAAD Scholarship for Master of Science in International Health in 2023 is being offered by Charite University Berlin in Germany.
The tropEd European Network for Education in International Health is home to the Master of Science in International Health program. It is a modular program that may be completed full-time in one year or part-time over four to five years, with academic accomplishments earning 60 ECTS credit points and relevant professional experience earning an extra 30 ECTS. Graduates will be awarded a Charité — Universitätsmedizin Berlin Master of Science in International Health degree.
Worth of Award:
- The scholarship recipients will be granted a full waiver of the MIPLC tuition and participation fee.
- In addition, the DAAD will pay the scholarship recipients a monthly stipend of EUR 850.
- As a rule, the scholarship also includes certain payments toward health, accident, and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- Furthermore, the DAAD will generally pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source.
- The DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance. Last but not least, the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the program.
- Candidates from developing countries who have at least two years of work experience (after finishing their first degree or professional qualification) and a Bachelor’s Degree with honors (240ECTS/4 years) or equivalent are eligible for a DAADscholarship (German Academic Exchange Service).
- DAAD scholarship winners must follow a rigid study plan that includes the following:
- Tropical Medicine and Public Health (core course).
- Designing Managing Evaluating Projects.
- Health Economics in Berlin.
- Advanced modules in Berlin, Bergen, Norway, or Heidelberg, Germany, as well as a thesis phase in Khon Kaen, Thailand, or Mexico’s National Institute of Public Health.
How to Apply: If you would like to apply for a DAAD Scholarship for Master of Science in International Health, please submit the following documents as hard copies in the following order:
- Application for Research Grants and Study Scholarships: official DAAD application form.
- A hand-signed CV (please use the Europass format.
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) (max. one page).
- Research proposal for a suggested Master thesis project.
- Also, Academic letter(s) of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope).
- Professional letter(s) of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope).
- Lastly, Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and, if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home.
These documents must be submitted as hard copies to our institute by 15 October of the year prior to the start of the program:
Institute of Tropical Medicine & International Health
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
DAAD Project Coordinator
Master Programme in International Health
Candidates from the People’s Republic of China are required to submit an APS Certificate, as well as two address labels written in Chinese characters with their application.
Deadline: The application closes on October 15, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you