In 2022, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) will provide DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Scholarships in Germany 2022
The DAAD encourages the training of experts from developing and recently industrialized nations via its development-oriented postgraduate study programs.
Local specialists who are well-trained and connected to foreign partners play a vital role in their nations’ long-term development.
They are the greatest hope for a brighter future for everyone, with less poverty, more education, and better health.
The scholarships provide opportunities for foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, or in exceptional cases, a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Worth of Award
- Monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctorate candidates, depending on an academic level.
- Insurance premiums for health, accident, and personal liability.
- Unless the expenditures are paid by the home nation or another source of support, you will be given a travel allowance.
DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Scholarships Requirement
- The most recent academic degree (typically a Bachelor’s degree) should have been earned within the past six years.
- Professional experience of at least two years in a relevant field is required.
How to Apply for DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Scholarships
The application is completed entirely online. You will be needed to provide the following documents (in the order listed):
- Application form for the DAAD
- a CV signed by the applicant (please use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- motivation letter signed by the author (with reference to current occupation) 2 pages maximum
- academic letter(s) of recommendation (the letters must include a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp, and they must be current)
- employer’s professional letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date)
- proof of employment from your home country’s employer, as well as, if feasible, a promise of reemployment upon your return.
- Proof of linguistic skills:
a) TOEFL or IELTS for English (Note: They only accept an academic TOEFL)
b) German – required for German-language courses; optional for English-language courses.
- copy of conferred academic degrees (certified*) (certified translation if necessary)
- copy of academic transcripts (certified*) (certified translation if necessary)
- Please verify with the relevant university’s criteria to see whether certified copies are necessary.
- Please keep in mind that the university to which you’re applying may demand extra documentation. Please see the webpage of the relevant postgraduate program.
Deadline: Deadlines vary according to the course. you are encouraged to apply immediately.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: