Covenant University Cut-off Mark – Covenant University JAMB and departmental cut-off mark for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Do you want to attend Covenant University?
Have you taken JAMB this year? Have you checked your JAMB result?
If you answered “yes,” I’ll tell you a lot about the Covenant University cut-off mark for 2022/2023.
An adage says, ” Information is Power”, when you are knowledgeable, you will know how to prepare for the worst and obtain the best in the end.
There are some things you should know about the cut-off mark at Covenant University. Let me explain each one below.
Covenant University JAMB Cut-off Mark
The Covenant University JAMB cut-off mark is the minimum JAMB score a candidate needs to get into the University.
This is the lowest JAMB score you can get to be eligible for the Covenant University (CU) Post-UTME screening exercise. Last year, candidates who scored 180 and above in the JAMB UTME were admitted to the university.
This year might be different because of how poorly candidates did in the UTME exam. We haven’t heard from the school’s administration yet about this year’s JAMB cut-off mark. Of course, we will keep you updated as soon as the news is out.
Covenant University Post-UTME Cut-off Mark
The Post UTME cut-off mark is the minimum score in the Post-UTME screening that any candidate who met the JAMB cut-off mark and took the Post UTME Screening is expected to get.
This is the lowest post-UTME score that can be used to consider a student for admission.
As of the last admission year, 2021/2022, the cutoff score for Post-UTME was 50%. That is, candidates could be considered for admission if they got at least 50 out of 100 points in the Post-UTME screening.
See below for the CU Post-UTME cut-off mark for the last admission year, 2020/2021. This will give you an idea of what I was talking about above.
- All engineering courses must have a JAMB score of 180 or higher and a post-UTME score of 60%.
- All basic medical sciences courses with a JAMB score of 180 or more and a post-UTME score of 50% or higher.
- Professional and highly competitive courses like law, medicine, and pharmacy require a score of 240 or higher in the JAMB exam and 85% or higher in the Post-UTME.
- In some institutions, the JAMB cut-off score for all agricultural and educational courses is 120, and the cut-off mark for post-UTME is 20% or more.
- All courses in other faculties, such as Art, Commercial, Physical, and Natural Sciences, have a JAMB score of 150 or more and a post-UTME score of 40%.
Covenant University Departmental Cut-off Mark
The Covenant University departmental cut-off mark is the absolute minimum score required of an applicant to be admitted to his or her preferred course.
This is based solely on the department or course involved. The courses and cut off marks for admission are not fixed and are affected by the following factors:
- General Performance
The general performance of candidates for that course in SSCE, JAMB, and Post UTME: The greater the performance, the higher the admission cut-off point for the department. The final cut-off score for admission is based on the following:
- WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB GPA (grade points from the relevant O-level subjects).
- Average of the JAMB score and the Post-Utme screening score.
2. Admission Quota
Admission quota for the department: The Nigerian University Commission (NUC) gives each department a certain number of admission quotas.
For example, if the number of admission slots for Medicine and Surgery is 100, the department will not accept any more applicants after the slots are filled, no matter how high their scores are.
In this case, the university admits students based on a merit hierarchy (from the best candidate down to where the quota becomes exhausted). Let’s just say that you get what I’m saying.
Covenant University Cut-off Mark For All Departments 2022/2023
The cutoff score for admission to Covenant University for the 2022/2023 academic session has not been made public.
Forget what you see on other websites or social media platforms. We will update this page as soon as the university announces the cut-off point for this year’s admission.
See the most recent departmental cut-off mark for the 2021/2022 academic session below:
- All Engineering courses – 180 and above in JAMB and 60% in Post UTME.
- All Basic medical sciences courses – 180 and above in JAMB, and 50% or above in Post UTME.
- Professional and Highly Competitive courses (Law, Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy) – 240 and above in JAMB, and 85% or above in Post UTME.
- All Agricultural and Educational courses – 120 (in some institutions) and 20% and above in Post UTME.
- All courses in Other Faculties like Art, Commercial, Physical and Natural Sciences – 150 and above in JAMB and 40% in Post UTME.
Reasons Why Covenant University (CU) Admission is Very Competitive
Because of the high level of competition for admission, the final cut-off point is usually high. It is one of Nigeria’s most well-known private universities.
Due to its popularity, many students want to attend this renowned institution, which increases admissions competition.
Recommended for you