Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Program 2022

The Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Program 2022 is currently accepting applications.

Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Program

The Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Program 2022 selects up to 16 highly-motivated foreign candidates each year to begin their careers at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Research Centers in Copenhagen.

Program Outline

The four-year curriculum consists of a pre-doctoral year at the University of Copenhagen or the Technical University of Denmark, followed by three years of PhD training at the University of 

Copenhagen or the Technical University of Denmark:

Short rotation projects, lab selection for the long-term (PhD) project, and research-based courses are all part of the pre-doctoral year.

During the pre-doctoral year, classes account for around 15% of time spent, while lab-based research accounts for the remaining 85%.

To be eligible for the next three years of PhD study, all recipients must pass an examination at the conclusion of the pre-doctoral year.

At the start of the pre-doctoral year, all students in the Copenhagen Bioscience PhD program perform three two-week rotation projects.

Students may obtain exposure to the methodology, relevant scientific topics, and research atmosphere in the laboratories they are interested in joining via these rotation projects.

The student and supervisor are required to explore possible long-term project ideas throughout each rotation project.

The student establishes an agreement with one of their rotation supervisors to join their lab for the long-term (PhD) research after finishing the three rotation projects.

Funding

  • The Novo Nordisk Foundation will pay your whole salary as well as your education fees. All approved candidates will get funding for the first year without condition. 
  • Funding for the next three years is given on the condition that a valid qualifying assessment be completed at the conclusion of the first (pre-doctoral) year. For a program starting in September 2022, up to sixteen employees will be supported.

Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Program Requirements

The CPH Bioscience PhD program is created for foreign students who want to come to Denmark and work in one of the NNF Research Centers.

The following requirements must be met by applicants:

  • Use the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s web-based application system to submit a completely completed application form before the deadline.
  • Please include at least two scholarly references.
  • Hold, or expect to receive, a university degree that technically qualifies the candidate to enroll in a PhD program (usually a Master’s degree) before enrolling.
  • Hold or expect to get a university degree from a country other than Denmark before enrolling.
  • Applicants with a Danish degree who can show at least 12 months of full-time research experience outside of Denmark, as validated by at least one academic reference, are also eligible for the program.
  • Provide evidence of your ability to communicate in English (for example, TOEFL, IELTS, or GRE scores).

Application for Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Program 

Before beginning the application process, read the Information and FAQ carefully, and keep How to Apply in mind while you fill out the online application form.

These papers include additional and crucial information.

To Apply, Click Here
For More Information: Visit this Page
Deadline: January 17, 2022

Recommended for You:

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

0 Shares