The Faculty of Arts and Science at Concordia University, in cooperation with the Social Justice Centre, is holding a competition for the Barry Pashak Postdoctoral Fellowship in Social Justice for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The position is a one-year research postdoctoral position at Concordia University’s Social Justice Centre in Montreal (downtown campus). The employment is renewable for another 12 months pending review. The annual remuneration is CAD 52,000. (including benefits).
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Concordia University, Canada
Fellowship Type: Post Doc Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Concordia University, Canada
Fellowship Worth: CAD 52,000 (including benefits)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Nationality: Home & International Students
Concordia University Postdoctoral Fellowship | Details
The fellow’s major task will be to complete their research project, which must be related to social justice. During the academic year, the fellow is also required to make a presentation on their study, participate in all Center events, and plan one event connected to their research. This role does not need any teaching.
Social justice is defined broadly for the purposes of this fellowship to encompass concerns about the allocation of money, power, opportunities, and privileges within and between countries.
Concordia University Postdoctoral Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements to be considered for a Concordia University Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- Applicants must be students from either the United States or another country.
- Scholars from any field in the social sciences or humanities who will make substantial contributions to social justice research are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who have recently received a PhD or comparable degree are eligible for the postdoc (within the last 5 years, unless special circumstances apply).
- Applicants must be able to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
How to Apply for the Concordia University Postdoctoral Fellowship
Email your documents to [email protected] Please provide a single, bookmarked PDF containing all of the papers specified below, in the order given.
- Academic Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter (2 pages)
- Research Proposal (2 pages). Description of the research project you’ll be working on during the fellowship. This project must focus on a social justice issue.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. Your suggested research should be the emphasis of these letters. They should be sent to the same address as your papers ([email protected]) by the referee or through a dossier service.
The chosen candidate must meet the qualifications to become a postdoctoral fellow at Concordia University. International Postdoctoral Fellows must get a Canadian work permit prior to arriving at Concordia in order to legally work in Canada.
Deadline for applications: May 15, 2022.
For more information, go to the official website.
Recommended for You