Charles University’s Faculty of Mathematics and Physics is accepting applications for a Computational Linguistics Scholarship in the Czech Republic for the academic year 2022/2023.
A highly qualified applicant in the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics, receives two scholarships from the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University (the language of instruction: English).
Charles University has a long history of supporting science, knowledge, and education in general, reaching back to the 14th century. Foreign students began arriving in Prague in the 14th century to study at their university. Today, world-class research serves as the cornerstone for Charles University’s high-quality education. It provides bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs.
Worth of Scholarship
The following items are included in the scholarship:
- For the academic years 2022/2023 and 2023/2024, the Scholarship comprises direct tuition fee support.
- For EU students, tuition expenses are 84 000 CZK (about 3 290 EUR) every academic year.
- Students from outside the EU pay 140 000 CZK (about 5 490 EUR) every academic year.
- A living expense payment of 120 000 CZK (about 4700 EUR) every academic year,
- A donation of up to 400 EUR towards travel expenses.
- The Scholarship Award Agreement contains payment information.
Computational Linguistics Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
- A total of two scholarships will be given out.
- The Scholarship is awarded at the discretion of the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University.
- Candidates applying for the Master’s Programme in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, in the academic years 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 are eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates must fulfill the Master’s Program in Computer Science Entry Requirements.
- To apply for our English-language Master’s programs in Mathematics or Computer Science, you must:
- possess or be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- possess an adequate knowledge of the English language, as evidenced
- by submitting your results from one of the recognized standardized English exams (see below for details).
How to Apply
To be considered for the CLS, you must:
Apply for the Master’s Program in Computer Science, study branch Computational Linguistics, using the Charles University Student Information System, and include the following documents with your application:
- curriculum vitae; motivation letter; list of publications (if appropriate); transcript(s);
- application for the CLS (no form is required);
- two letters of recommendation from superiors or employers in your academic field.
- These documents must all be written in English or translated into it.
Deadline for applications: April 30, 2022.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You