For the years 2022-2024, the Commonwealth Youth Health Network (CYHN) is announcing high-profile, volunteer roles on its executive team.
They’re looking for young, appropriately qualified people who are enthusiastic about promoting and enhancing health and well-being across the Commonwealth to apply.
Under the aegis of the Commonwealth Secretariat, the Commonwealth Youth Health Network (CYHN) is one of 13 youth-led associated entities. The Commonwealth Youth Health Network (CYHN) aims to elevate the perspectives of young people from across the Commonwealth, especially those from tiny island states and indigenous communities, on problems impacting their health and well-being.
CYHN members are students, researchers, health care professionals, journalists, development workers, and others who are passionate about achieving health for all. Their programmatic areas of focus are Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health, and Universal Health Care.
- Policy Research and Advocacy Lead
- Public Relations and Communications Lead
- Engagement and Capacity Building Lead
- Partnerships and Fundraising Lead
- Diversity & Inclusion Lead
- Regional Focal Points* (x5, Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe & Americas, Pacific)
Commonwealth Youth Health Network | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 29 at the time of application;
- Be a citizen of one of the Commonwealth countries;
- Have a firm belief in the CYHN’s vision and purpose;
- Alignment with the Commonwealth Charter and dedication to it;
- Have worked with youth-led initiatives, programs, or organizations that promote health and wellness;
- Be willing to devote 10-15 hours each week to network activities as a volunteer;
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others;
- Have previous experience working in multicultural settings;
- Possess excellent time management and organizational abilities;
- Have experience leading and coordinating a variety of subcommittees and project teams;
- Have you applied for the appropriate post and have the necessary experience?
- Know what the Commonwealth’s health issues and priorities are.
How to Apply
The following information will be requested on the application form:
- A cover letter that elaborates on the applicant’s eligibility (max 1 page)
- CV/Resume with contact information for two referees (max 2 pages)
- If applicable, include links to your social media accounts and portfolio.
- Samples of Writing
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline: March 20, 2022
Visit CYHN for more information.
Recommended for You