Climate Leadership Fellowship for Youth in Nigeria is currently accepting applications from adequately qualified candidates.
Climate Smart Nigeria, in collaboration with Glow Initiative for Economic Empowerment and with support from Access Bank PLC, launched the Climate Leadership Fellowship to provide expert training on climate change advocacy and leadership to a new generation of young Nigerian leaders in order to strengthen the national climate resilience.
The 10-week program will welcome and equip 30 leaders with professional training to help them lead change for climate action. The fellows will then adopt schools and educate about climate change throughout Nigeria. A climate education package and a certificate of climate leadership will be given to all fellows.
Climate change is wreaking havoc on the globe. Drought and desertification are devastating sections of Nigeria’s north, causing conflicts as a result of a shortage of water.
Agricultural production has suffered significantly, resulting in a high poverty rate. In the south, extreme floods and illnesses transmitted by polluted water have been observed. The moment has come to invest in a new generation of young leaders who will drive climate change forward.
- This program includes two weeks of intensive expert training on climate change for all select fellows.
- All fellows who complete the intensive training will receive the climate education toolkit.
- Afterwards, fellows will adopt a school where they will teach climate change.
- Fellows will teach climate Change using the toolkit in select schools for a four week period.
- Fellows will create climate change leadership clubs in the schools where they will work.
- Fellows are encouraged to demonstrate innovation in the school community where they will work by carrying out small climate change projects to drive home their teaching.
- Two outstanding fellows who demonstrate innovation in Adopt a School shall win NGN 50,000 each.
- The top 5 fellows will win the Climate Champion Award.
- Receive expert training from globally renowned climate activists.
- Be trained as a climate change educator.
- Receive a Climate Change Education toolkit to teach in secondary schools.
- Become a part of the climate change awareness frontliners.
- Gain access to free training and upskilling programs.
- Gain work experience in the area of climate leadership.
- Gain recommendations for fellowships or international training.
- Receive a Climate Leadership Certificate.
Climate Leadership Fellowship Eligibility
- Open to young people aged 22 to 35.
- Demonstrated climate change leadership.
- Participant in a rising environmental organization or a member of the youth corp.
- Graduated from university.
- It’s OK if you don’t belong to a group.
- Passion for raising climate change awareness.
- From everywhere in the globe, but now residing in Nigeria.
- Selected candidates must be willing to be educated about climate change in their communities using the toolbox supplied, engage in climate leadership expert training, submit a fellowship work plan, and attend all virtual sessions.
Participants are expected to:
- Commit 5 hours per week to the expert training.
- Adopt a school and complete the four-week program teaching climate change in schools.
- Demonstrate innovation during the Adopt a School.
How to Apply for Climate Leadership Fellowship
Click here to apply.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you