For the academic year 2022/23, Chongqing University in China is accepting applications for the Chongqing University President Scholarship for International Students.
The President Scholarship at Chongqing University is designed to help excellent overseas students pursue degree programs at Chongqing University.
Worth of Scholarship
A full scholarship (accessible to future degree students) covers the following expenses:
- exemption from the registration fee and tuition
- free on-campus accommodation or an off-campus accommodation subsidy? 700 RMB per month
- living stipend
- 200RMB per month for doctoral degree student
- 800RMB per month for master’s degree student
- 500RMB per month for bachelor’s degree student
- free comprehensive medical insurance for international students
A partial scholarship (offered to both prospective degree students and visiting students) covers the following expenses:
- Tuition and registration fees are waived.
- International students are eligible for free comprehensive medical insurance.
Chongqing University President Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals and fulfill Chongqing University’s admission standards.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health, as well as have outstanding academic status and good behavior.
- Applicants must follow China’s laws and decrees as well as Chongqing University’s rules and regulations.
- Applicants are not eligible to receive more than one scholarship at the same time.
- Applicants must accurately, honestly, and fully fill out the application form, as well as submit all relevant application documents.
How to Apply for the Chongqing University President Scholarship
Applicants must submit the following application documents in triplicate to the Admissions Office of Chongqing University’s School of International Education.
- The application form is a document that is used to apply for a job. Applicants must complete the application form in either Chinese or English, and have it printed, pasted with a picture, and signed.
- A photocopy of a valid passport is required.
- Original notarized transcript and highest diploma certificate.
- Applicants who are university students or who are currently working should provide a pre-graduation certificate or a certificate of employment. Documents written in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by a certified Chinese or English translation.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or in English.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors in Chinese or English (only required for applicants applying for masters or doctoral degree program).
- A certificate of competence in a foreign language. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must provide an HSK certificate (HSK4 or above) or an equivalent certificate. English proficiency credentials (TOEFL, IELTS, English instruction certificate, or other certificates similar) must be submitted by candidates for English-taught programs (not for applicants from English-speaking countries).
- A photocopy of the Form for Foreigner Physical Examination. All of the items on the Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be covered by the medical exams. Incomplete records, as well as those without the signature of the attending physician, the hospital’s official stamp, or a sealed image of the applicants, are deemed void.
Deadline: May 15, 2022.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You