CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship: The Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 at the Cancer Research Institute (CRI) is now accepting applications.
The Fellowship Program assists competent young scientists from throughout the globe who aspire to pursue studies in basic immunology or cancer immunology at renowned universities and research institutions.
The Cancer Research Institute acknowledges that getting to the next major breakthrough in cancer therapy will need ongoing investment in basic research and training.
CRI thus welcomes postdoctoral fellows working in both basic immunology and tumor immunology to apply for funding.
A stipend of $55,000 for the first year, $57,000 for the second year, and $59,000 for the third year are provided by newly awarded fellowships.
Beginning in January 2022, the host institution will receive a $5,000 per year stipend to be used at the discretion of the sponsor to assist in paying for the fellow’s research supplies, travel to scientific meetings, health insurance, and/or childcare.
Requirements for the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Applicants must be involved in immunology or cancer immunology in some way. A project must fall into the broad field of immunology and be relevant to solving the cancer problem in order to be considered.
- By the date of grant activation, applicants must have earned a doctorate and must perform their intended research under the supervision of a sponsor who has a formal position as an assistant professor or higher rank at the host institution.
- Having the exception of M.D. candidates, applicants with 5 or more years of appropriate postdoctoral experience at the time of grant activation are not eligible.
- This calculation should not include years of residency for applicants.
Applicants who have previously spent three years or more in a sponsor’s laboratory by the start date of the fellowship will be considered only under extraordinary circumstances.
- The fellowship may be done in the US or overseas, but it must be done in a non-profit organization. There are no restrictions on citizenship.
- Only one fellow per sponsor is allowed to apply every round, and faculty sponsors are limited to three CRI-supported fellows at any one time.
How to Apply for the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship
You must first complete the PDF application form before submitting the online application form.
For the Institutional Certifications part, fill out the form and get signatures. Signatures from the following people will be required:
- An Internal Review Board (IRB) or certifying authority who can vouch for the proposal’s adherence to government and institutional rules and regulations.
- The administrative officer of the institution
- The chief financial officer of the organization.
While your form is complete, submit it with your other supporting documents when completing the online application form.
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline for application: March 1, 2022 / September 1, 2022
Visit CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship for further details.
Recommended for You