The CALA Advanced Leadership Program 2022 is now accepting applications.
The Advanced Leadership Program of the Centre for African Leaders in Agricultural (CALA) is a collaborative, hands-on, and personalized program for senior and emerging leaders in Africa’s agriculture industry.
The program, which is initially accessible to participants from eight countries, is designed for professionals who are pioneering and directly executing particular country-level agricultural programs.
The difficulties of Africa’s food security need results-oriented leaders in government, business, and civil society who are flexible, adaptive, and capable of leading cooperation, mobilizing meaningful change, and ensuring the achievement of national goals. Professionals must be ready to drive change and deliver on their goals with realistic tools and strategies at the national level in order for a leader and advocate in food security and agriculture to stay relevant and successful.
A unique learning strategy will be used to build participants’ leadership, cooperation, and management abilities throughout the course of the 16-month leadership program for seasoned professionals, which will involve the following experiences:
- Learning activities, both virtual and in-person (where feasible) to refine leadership abilities for delivery
- Action Learning Projects were closely linked to the participants’ career goals and the country’s transformation goals.
- Coaching on the work and in the field
- Peer accountability meetings are held on a regular basis.
- Attendance at bi-annual leadership forums
- Participation in the African Green Revolution Forum is a great way to learn more about the continent’s green revolution (AGRF)
- Exposure to ‘Game-changers’ in African agricultural case studies
- Peer learning and networking with cohorts of participants from around the continent, both virtually and in person.
- A degree in the Advanced Leadership Program for Africa’s Food Security and Sustainability will be awarded to program graduates.
- Be acknowledged as delivery champions at AGRA’s major continental platforms and events, as well as at the national level;
- Join a prestigious network of transformational leaders who provide peer assistance to ensure that national priorities are met on a consistent basis.
AGRA receives full funding from the German Development Cooperation via the KfW Development Bank, which covers all participant costs. From 2022 forward, this will cover travel expenses for all Leadership Forums and graduation celebrations.
Because the leadership forum will be virtual in order to comply with COVID-19 requirements, participants are requested to cover their own internet connection expenses. Note that AGRF participation expenses must be totally self-funded (or supported by your university), and CALA does not give per diems.
CALA Advanced Leadership Program | Eligibility Criteria
Leaders who are putting country-level agricultural initiatives into action:
- Agriculture flagships and priority initiatives are driven by established or rising leaders in government, business enterprises and associations, or civil society groups.
- Must be employed or working in the public sector, the business sector, or civil society (associations or civil society organizations).
- Participants from Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda will be divided into two initial cohorts.
How to Apply for the CALA Advanced Leadership Program
- Sign up for a SurveyMonkey account – This is a compulsory step that allows you to save and submit your application as well as track its progress.
- Verify your email — look for a message from SurveyMonkey in your inbox. Fill out this form to get your email address verified by the system.
- To begin your application, log in to the platform — You may reset your password or register for an account by clicking “Register” in the top right-hand corner after signing in.
- Fill out and send in your application – You may save your application at any moment and come back to it later.
To apply, go to this link.
Deadline: June 3, 2022
Visit the CALA Program for more information.
Recommended for You