For the 2022 academic session, the German Development Institute/Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik, which is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, is accepting applications for the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy for early-career professionals in Germany.
The debate and training program will bring together 25 people from the government, think tanks and research institutes, civil society, and the commercial sector.
They all bring their knowledge and skills in the field of sustainable development to the table.
Participation in the program also allows participants to network with German and European stakeholders from a variety of industries, as well as representatives from African organizations.
Worth of Award
- The program seeks to improve leadership abilities as well as facilitate collaborative knowledge generation and peer learning, which are essential for long-term growth.
- Participants gain from an exchange of ideas, improved critical thinking abilities, and the development of shared values via collaborative peer learning.
RELATED: Scholarship for International Students at University of Chinese Academy of Sciences 2022
BMZ African-German Leadership Academy Requirements
The BMZ African-German Leadership Academy is targeted at professionals in their early to mid-career from Germany and its African partners:
Potential participants of the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy should:
- Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia, and Togo nationals or permanent residents.
- Between the ages of 25 and 40.
- Other cultures should be respected.
- open to collaboration, contemplation, and a wide range of working techniques
Potential participants should also have
- job experience of at least three years (non-remunerated experience is also recognized).
- their employers’ assistance (written support required as part of the application).
- outstanding mastery of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR).
Yet again, participants should
- work on issues relevant to sustainable development and governance.
How to Apply for BMZ African-German Leadership Academy
You must submit the following documents in pdf format through the application page to apply to be a participant:
BMZ African-German Leadership Academy Deadline
Deadline: The deadline for application is November 26, 2021.
Click Here for More Details