For the academic year 2022/23, the Bill H James Foundation welcomes submissions for the Bill H James Foundation Fund for ambitious African American Engineering Students in the United States.
Through its scholarship programs, the Foundation enables African American engineering students to realize their full potential. It thinks that with the correct help and instruction, an already brilliant person can become so much more. As a result, it offers the necessary support structure and assistance to beneficiaries in order for them to fulfill their full potential and realize all of their aspirations.
Worth of Scholarship
The undergraduate and graduate scholarships are one-of-a-kind and have made a significant difference in the lives of people who have received assistance.
Bill H James Foundation Fund | Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- It is required that you be African American or Black (non-Hispanic)
- Undergraduate students must be in their Junior or Senior year of study during the academic year 2022-2023 and must take at least 12 units every semester/quarter.
- During the 2022-2023 academic year, graduate students must have a minimum of two academic semesters or one academic year remaining to earn their Master’s degree and must enroll in a minimum of eight units every semester/quarter.
- A minimum GPA of 3.2 is required.
- Must be enrolled in an engineering program at a California four-year college or university and pursue a degree or course of study in engineering.
How to Apply for the Bill H James Foundation Fund
Along with your scholarship application, you must provide
- a copy of one signed reference letter on official letterhead from a college professor or employer
- a copy of your college/unofficial university’s transcripts Upload an admission letter if you are not presently enrolled.
- current resume
- one to two page (double spaced) essay describing an engineering project you’d want to pursue in the future. Describe how diversifying the engineering profession might benefit your project. Demonstrate how your academic abilities and leadership skills will aid in the completion of this assignment.
- Additionally, all supporting material should be written and delivered as a single PDF file.
The deadline for the Bill H James Foundation Fund proposal is May 15, 2022.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You