BIGSAS, the Bayreuth International School of African Studies, is accepting applications for the BIGSAS DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program for Female African Scholars in Germany for the academic year 2021/2022.
Bayreuth University is a crossroads for international and interdisciplinary research. Since its founding in 1975, the University of Bayreuth has made African studies a priority.
BIGSAS is based on
- long-term research experience in Africa;
- strong collaboration with peers throughout Africa;
- since 1984, extensive experience in doctorate training;
- Active intellectual interchange and worldwide engagement with Africa-Europe Group for Interdisciplinary Studies (AEGIS) partner institutions;
- a library with over 186,000 African books, 33,000 audiovisual titles, 200 journals, 5,000 maps, and an increasing number of e-books and e-book collections;
- an open-minded climate that promotes individual intercultural awareness and institutional internationalization
Worth of Award
In 2022, BIGSAS will offer two scholarships under the German Academic Exchange Service’s Scholarship Program (GSSP) (DAAD).
BIGSAS DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Requirements
Applicants must have a strong master’s degree or equivalent.
- At the time of BIGSAS’ nomination, the most recent Master’s or equivalent degree must have been earned within the previous six years.
- Two reports (letters of reference) from teaching faculty members at the home institutions must be submitted with the application.
How to Apply for BIGSAS DAAD Graduate School Scholarship
For more information: Visit this page and Click Here
Deadline: The application deadline is January 30, 2022.
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: