Applications are being accepted from qualified and eligible African teenagers for the BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship program in 2022/2023.
The fellowship program will guide Fellows through a multi-phase curriculum intended to provide them with the skills and resources they need to prosper.
Fellows will be engaged in digital technology’s application for social transformation. Storytelling techniques that change people’s minds and foster professional relationships. Candidates that meet the criteria are invited to apply before the deadline.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Global Citizen
Host Institution(s): Global Citizen
Number of Awards: 15
Study Level: Not specified
BEYGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship 2022/2023 DETAILS
The Global Citizen Fellowship Powered by BeyGOOD will identify African kids who have extraordinary potential. The initiative will place 15 young individuals in paid, year-long fellowships connected with one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creativity, campaigns, rewards, and marketing.
BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for the BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2022/2023:
- 21–25 years old (by the time of application)
- Only residents and nationals of South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya are eligible.
- Applicants with no tertiary education are preferred.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are active Global Citizens, either via community service or through the Global Citizen website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store)
- Applicants must be available full-time from July 19, 2022, to June 30, 2023.
- We urge families with an annual family household income of less than R120 000 / 3055563 Naira / KES 18169368,00, and/or households led by a single parent, to apply.
- South African candidates must live in Johannesburg, whereas Nigerian applicants must live in Lagos.
- Kenyan candidates would be able to participate remotely from anywhere in the nation.
- Applicants from minority and underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for the BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship
Apply by submitting a 2-3 minute video or a 500-700 word essay addressing the following questions:
- What characteristics do you identify with as a global citizen?
- What long-term change do you want to accomplish via the program if chosen?
- What particular socio-economic challenges are you taking action on, and why?
Deadline: April 30, 2022.
More information may be found on the official website.
Recommended for You