For the academic year 2022/23, Cavendish University in Uganda is accepting applications for the Benjamin Mkapa Scholarship.
H.E. Benjamin William Mkapa, the current Chancellor of Cavendish University Uganda and former President of the United Republic of Tanzania, was honored with the Benjamin William Mkapa Scholarship. Every academic year, this scholarship is given to two students from the United Republic of Tanzania who are recommended in writing by the Chancellor and is beginning their first year of any degree program at Cavendish University Uganda.
Worth of Scholarship
- The scholarship covers the whole cost of tuition and fees.
- The beneficiary is responsible for all other costs and expenses, including air travel or other modes of transportation from the student’s home country to the University, living expenses (accommodation, food, scholastic materials, travel to and from the University during the semester, etc.) and immigration permission.
Requirements for the Benjamin Mkapa Scholarship
The scholarship is a need-based and merit-based financial assistance option that may be provided based on any one or a combination of factors, such as financial need, academic performance, and proven leadership characteristics.
Candidates must satisfy the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- A letter of nomination from the Chancellor
- Have at least three Principal Passes in A-level or its equivalent acquired in one sitting within the last five years prior to the application deadline.
Have at least 6 O’ Level or equivalent passes
- Demonstrate that they have the necessary English language skills to pursue university studies.
- Scholarship recipients are free to study in any of CUU’s different modalities of learning.
How to Apply for the Benjamin Mkapa Scholarship
Nominated candidates must send their applications in the form of a formal letter to [email protected], along with the appropriate papers.
These scholarships are awarded for the duration of the beneficiary’s program of study, assuming that the beneficiary has made satisfactory academic progress as evidenced by attendance of at least 75% of all classes, submission of ALL coursework, and a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) Second Class (Lower Division)
Deadline: Closing soon
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You