The Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre at Thailand’s Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) are accepting applications for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships in 2022.
The Bangchak PhD Scholarships are for outstanding doctoral candidates with a focus on value-added from algae, such as smart energy platforms and bio-based products.
Project Details of Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships
The Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre aim to instill entrepreneurship and the formation of firms based on knowledge-based innovation by addressing basic and applied research difficulties affecting the renewable energy sector globally.
The research program focuses on smart energy platforms, such as energy storage, smart devices, and energy efficiency, as well as bio-based products, such as biomaterials, biodegradables, and biomedical products.
The Centre has been generously financed to work closely with leading local and international industries and institutions.
The primary responsibility of the researcher is to conduct creative research in the fields of smart energy platforms and bio-based goods that will result in patents and commercial products.
They will serve as a link between industry demands and academic research goals, resulting in highly organized and well-defined solutions to industrial issues.
Researchers at the [email protected] will be required to have both academic and industrial experience, as well as a broad awareness of the energy environment outside their field of study.
All researchers will be required to lead and participate in the preparation of applications and other forms of external financing.
Worth of Award
- All research assistant scholarships are fully supported (stipend and tuition expenses included) and are available to students from any nation.
- The wage and conditions of employment are in line with current regulations for doctorate students. The student assistantship lasts for 42 months.
- Selected applicants will get a one-of-a-kind chance to co-found a worldwide start-up firm with funds provided by BIIC or others.
Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships Requirement
- Any nationality is welcome to apply
- First-class (honours) bachelor’s and master’s degrees or equivalent (Master GPA above 3.50 out of 4.0)
- English Proficiency: IELTS or AIT EET score above 6.0
- The researcher’s job is to do cutting-edge research that will result in patents and commercial goods.
- Ability to present findings in technical reports and write scientific articles for submission in international refereed journals with a high impact factor.
- Capable of working as part of a project team to provide novel solutions.
- Communication, organizational, and interpersonal abilities are exceptional.
- Experience in incubation or founding a start-up firm is a plus.
- Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Blockchain, Energy Technology, Clean Technology, Smart Cities, and other related subjects will be considered a bonus.
Specific Requirements for Energy Area
- Relevant industrial and research experience in power electronics
- Hardware knowledge and experience with converters, as well as prototype creation.
- Experience with design and modeling tools such as Simulink/PSIM/LabVIEW/ or other power electronics simulation tools, as well as exceptional coding abilities in programming tools such as Matlab, Python, and others.
Specific Requirements for FEBT Area
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, food science and technology, and/or other related fields are preferred.
Specific Requirements for EEM Area
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees in biochemical or chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, public health science, or similar applied disciplines are required.
- Programming skills and expertise in wastewater treatment system design and modeling.
- Experience/knowledge of bioreactor controls.
How to Apply for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships
Please complete the online application for admission to the August 2022 cohort. Along with this application, applicants should submit the following papers to [email protected] on or before the deadline, all in one merged PDF file.
The chosen applicants will be enrolled in the August 2022 semester right away.
- Proposal for a project involving presenting concepts for commercial goods or start-ups (2 pages maximum)
- Education, tests, and prior relevant work/research experience are all included (a CV).
- Copies of academic degrees and certificates that have been certified.
- Publications related to the study focus, as well as any additional work that the applicant desires to be considered, must explicitly indicate the applicant’s contribution.
- At least two references’ names and contact details
Deadline: Applications for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships close on March 31, 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: