AWIEF Digital Skills Training Program. A partnership between the Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF), GIZ, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been formed to develop a Digital Skills Training program for 60 young women in South Africa.
Professionals with cloud expertise are in great demand as cloud technologies continue to alter enterprises. This new AWIEF initiative, which is based on AWS re/Start, will help jobless and underemployed female youth in South Africa improve their skills and employability. Their employability and job preparedness will improve as their digital literacy and abilities improve. The program will help young women develop the skills they need to embrace the future of technology, improve their entrepreneurial skills, and connect with female role models and mentors.
A one-week Bootcamp and 12-week full-time Virtual Learning program, Monday through Friday, are part of the digital skills development and training program. It will lead to the achievement of two AWS certifications (Foundation and Associate levels). Obtaining AWS Certification allows you to demonstrate in-demand employment abilities while also increasing your reputation and confidence. Mentorship and working with entrepreneurial businesses for up to three months after graduation are part of a Pathway to a Career.
- Unemployed/underemployed females aged 21 to 40 years
- Educational qualifications: Degree, NQF Level 7, Diploma, NQF level 5
- Computer literacy/Basic IT skills
- Access to laptop/personal computer
- Access to stable internet/WiFi
- Good command of verbal and written English
- South African citizens/Permanent residents/Foreign nationals legally resident in South Africa)
- Willingness to take English aptitude test and IT assessment
- Commitment to 13 weeks of full-time learning plus taking assessments to gain certification
- Applications open Thursday, 7 April 2022
- Applications close Monday, 25 April 2022 at 23:59 South Africa Standard Time (SAST)
- The program starts: Monday, 9 May 2022
Application Deadline: 25 April 2022
Visit the official website AWIEF Digital Skills Training Program
Recommeded for you: