The Australian National University is accepting applications for University Research Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023.
The University Research Scholarship is awarded each year by the Australian National University to high-achieving HDR students who are pursuing research that is in line with the university’s strategic goals.
Worth of Scholarship
The scholarship also includes the following benefits in addition to the fortnightly stipend:
- Allowances for travel and relocation for students traveling to Canberra to begin their research program;
- Allowance for the dissertation;
- Allowance for Dependent Children (only for international students);
- Medical, maternity and parental leave are all paid.
Requirements for Australian National University Research Scholarships
Each year, the prize will be given to a prospective or continuing student who:
- is enrolled in an authorized HDR programme of study at the university as a domestic or international student
- possesses at least an H1 or H1 equivalent in their previous research
- Each of the ANU Colleges must assemble a selection committee to score and rank ALL qualified H1 (or equivalent) candidates in a merit-based procedure in order to be considered for this award. The following factors are taken into account while determining the overall ranking:
- Academic Record
- Potential for research, support from a potential supervisor, and the place where the study will be conducted
- Reports from the referee
- English Language competency
- In comparison to other scholarship applications submitted in the same round
How to Apply for Australian National University Research Scholarships
There is no need to apply separately for this scholarship since all qualified students will be evaluated based on their admissions applications.
When you submit your application for an HDR program, you may choose which scholarship(s) you want to be eligible for, including the University Research Scholarship (URS).
There is no distinct application form other than the ‘Request for a current ANU student to be considered for an HDR scholarship’ form for current applicants (who have generally completed less than 1-year full-time equivalent).
Deadline: August 1, 2022.
For additional information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You