UNDP is recruiting the second group of the AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme (AFYWL) for 25 young African women.
An intriguing job with UNDP at his HQ in New York or in its regional or national offices is provided via the AFYWL Fellowship Program. It is also possible to appoint a fellow to the United Nations or the AU Commission.
However, the second group(2021-2022) is being developed through a targeted leadership training and capacity building program that will promote the participation of young women in decisions and by strengthening the leadership of women in public and private institutions, together with AUC and member countries.
The program will cover travel and medical insurance costs, and every individual will have a monthly stipend to cover housing and living expenses at their duty station.
A learning budget will also be available for essential learning and development initiatives.
Although, physical travel will not be part of the benefits, mainly because of the COVID-19 epidemic, and applicants should follow each of the given guidelines from all the recruiting offices.
Related: DAAD Scholarship for Doctoral Programme at UNIBONN, Germany (2022)
AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme Requirements
To enrol for the AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme kindly take note of these requirements:
- Only female applicants are qualified.
- A citizen of one of the African Union’s member states. Priority will be given to citizens of African Union member states that did not participate in the Fellowship Program’s initial cohort.
- At the time of application, you must be under the age of 34.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization, or any development-related discipline is required.
- One year of relevant and paid job experience (after master’s) in research, analysis, program/project planning, implementation, and management will be a criteria.
- In late 2021/early 2022, you will be able to attend an induction session in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- In 2021/22, I will be available to devote 12 months to a fellowship assignment.
- Willing to live and work in a country other than their own.
- Poverty eradication, sustainable structural change, the SDGs, and Agenda 2063 are all topics of interest for most people.
- And also, the capacity to collect extensive information on difficult problems or circumstances, as well as the capacity to effectively evaluate and analyze data in order to find essential concerns and solutions.
This offer will be available in late 2021/early 2022 to only participants in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Training and Learning
As part of the AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme task, the applicant will also benefit from the following opportunities:
So, a special induction workshop holds jointly by AUC & UNDP in Addis Abeba at the beginning of 2022. (all costs covered).
However, participation in a program jointly established by the AUC and the UNDP for transformational leadership development.
UNDP support for various business growth and learning programs.
Also, the fellow shall also benefit from the appropriate modes of formation and learning/opportunities offered by the recipient office.
How to apply for AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme
So, to apply for the AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme simply visit their official website page for the offer or click HERE.
The scholarship application deadline is thus: 14th September 2021
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme
NWAG Scholarship For Nigerian Female Undergraduates 2021
Airtel Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2021
GLO Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2021