The Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics is now taking applications for three fully-funded AIFL PhD scholarships that will begin in September 2022 and last for three years.
This is a very competitive position open to foreign PhD students.
The Institute was created in 2008 as the Centre for Forensic Linguistics, and after receiving a £5.5 million UK government grant in 2019, it was significantly enlarged 2019. AIFL focuses on language usage in legal and forensic situations.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Host Institution(s): Aston University, Birmingham UK
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding with Stipends (See Benefits below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
The chosen applicants will be provided a variety of training possibilities from AIFL and as part of The Aston Graduate School’s Doctoral Training Programme.
You must answer to one of the two research area outlines for the two guided PhDs:
- The Centre for Forensic Text Analysis is a non-profit organization dedicated to forensic text analysis (CFTA)
- The Language and Law Centre is a non-profit organization dedicated to the study of language and (CLL)
AIFL PhD scholarships Requirement
For the Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics PhD fellowships, applicants must complete the following requirements:
- International students are required to apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD program to be considered.
- You’ll need to show your excitement, dedication, and organization skills, as well as a research concept that aligns with their departmental and research center experience.
- You may look at prospective areas of interest, and supervisors can help you.
The following perks will be available to successful candidates for the Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics PhD scholarships:
- Fees – the bursary will cover the costs of three years of ordinary Aston University UK or foreign tuition.
- £16,000 stipend to cover housing and living expenses.
- A £1,000 conference grant is available each year to help you attend national or international conferences where you will be speaking.
Application for AIFL PhD scholarships
How to Apply: Please contact the person you’d want to be your supervisor or Professor Tim Grant ([email protected]) with any questions regarding the open PhD application.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022
Click Here for More Details
Recommended for You: