AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2022 is a fantastic full scholarship program for girls who are active global citizens.
The AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2022 are now accepting applications. This is a fantastic full scholarship program for girls who are engaged global citizens and are motivated to assist address some of the world’s most pressing problems.
Scholarship recipients will take part in a 12-week virtual program focused on emerging and vital STEM skills and disciplines, global competency education, and social impact (co-developed with the University of Pennsylvania). Scholars will learn important global competencies such as problem-solving, analytical abilities, intercultural understanding, and the capacity to create bridges between cultures while enhancing their STEM knowledge and skills via engaging hands-on teaching.
The curriculum concludes with group projects and presentations that show possible answers to real-world problems, with a focus on climate change and the energy transition.
Benefits: Scholars who complete the program earn the Advanced Certificate on Global Competence for Social Impact, awarded by AFS and the University of Pennsylvania Center for Social Impact Strategy.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 15 and 17.5 when the program begins.
- Ability to actively engage in a 100% English-language program, both online and in a classroom environment.
- STEM, sustainability, and global competencies are all areas of interest.
- Curiosity and eagerness to engage with people from all over the world and learn about new cultures.
- To access the virtual program material, you’ll need a computer, smartphone, or other digital devices.
- For participation in online discussion sessions, the device should have an integrated camera and microphone.
- Wi-Fi or internet connection that is stable (if internet or technology accessibility is an issue, AFS may be able to help).
- Talented young women from all walks of life, especially underrepresented groups and students in financial need, are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: The 12-week all-virtual Global STEM Accelerators program will run from June 23, 2022, to September 18, 2022. Click here to apply.
Deadline: May 15, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you