The application for the Macquarie University Vice-International Chancellor’s Awards for African Women in STEM is now available in 2022
It offers excellent female students from specific African nations half-tuition cost support. This fellowship was established to assist people who have a desire to pursue outstanding and highly rated programs at Macquarie University in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
Worth of Scholarship
The Vice-International Chancellor’s Grant for African Women in STEM at Macquarie University is a partial scholarship that pays half of the entire tuition price. When you start your studies at Macquarie University, it will be deducted from your tuition price.
This award does not cover living expenses, visa application fees, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), flights, accommodations, conferences, or other study-related expenses.
The Vice-International Chancellor’s Scholarship For African Women in STEM at Macquarie University is a one-time award that cannot be renewed.
African Women in STEM Awards | Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a female.
- Be from the Sub-Saharan Africa area.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, you must meet the University’s academic and English standards for the course.
- Hold a full offer of admission or a package offer with English at Macquarie University for a coursework program stated as being in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (North Ryde Campus).
- For postgraduate admissions, a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0 is required, and for undergraduate applicants, a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 is required.
- Have submitted an application for a full-time study load course.
- You’ve applied for a program that lasts more than one session.
- Students will be contacted with further information about uploading a selfie video as part of the scholarship application process after it has been received.
If any of the following apply to you, you are ineligible:
- You are an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or you have permanent residence in Australia.
- You are presently enrolled in an equivalent-level program at Macquarie University.
- You have previously completed the same or a higher level of study.
- Unless you are notified differently by a Macquarie University official, you are receiving another equal or substantial prize or scholarship from Macquarie University.
- You are going to Macquarie University as a Study Abroad or Exchange student.
- You have applied to Macquarie University International College or are already enrolled there.
Eligible countries include:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
How to Apply for the African Women in STEM Awards
Applicants must fill out an application for a course online. You will get a Macquarie University Student Number after your course application has been approved, which is required to submit the online scholarship application form.
Applicants should fill out an online scholarship application and write “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name section.
If you meet all of the other qualifying conditions, we will contact you about delivering your selfie video.
Deadline: Applications are presently being accepted; candidates are encouraged to submit them as soon as possible.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You