African Economic Research Consortium PhD Fellowships for African Economists is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the 2022/2023 academic session.
For the academic year 2022/2023, the African Economic Research Consortium is accepting applications for its PhD Fellowships for Professional African Economists.
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) was founded in 1988 as a public, non-profit organization dedicated to the improvement of African economic policy research and training. The Consortium’s purpose and strategic goals are founded on the belief that long-term development in Sub-Saharan Africa necessitates the presence of well-trained, locally based professional economists.
Applicants from Francophone and Anglophone nations in Sub-Saharan Africa will be accepted into any of the AERC Collaborative Ph.D. Programme (CPP) in Economics degree-awarding universities:
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- Felix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
Worth of Award: AERC promotes the provision of capacity building in economic policy in Francophone and Anglophone African countries through the provision of support in the areas of policy research and graduate training.
Successful applicants will be communicated the worth of the award.
- Have applied to and been admitted to any of the CPP institutions mentioned;
Have a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent from an approved institution in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or a comparable discipline.
- Have a Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or comparable areas from a recognized university (including coursework and thesis component). Microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative techniques, and econometrics should have been addressed in the curriculum.
- Possession of at least one relevant article in a peer-reviewed journal is a plus.
- Evidence of public-sector involvement in economic management, research, and/or teaching would be a plus.
How to Apply: Interested applicants must submit their applications for admission directly to the respective universities (the application procedure can be obtained from the respective university’s website). Upon receipt of an admission letter from a specific university, applicants shall send the following documents to AERC at [email protected] and copy [email protected]
- Application cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Evidence of admission at any of the universities listed above.
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
Deadline: The deadline for applying for the scholarship is August 31.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you