The African Development Bank (AfDB) Fashionomics Africa Contest 2022 is now accepting applications.
The second online competition of the African Development Bank’s Fashionomics Africa program is awarding $6,000 in cash prizes, coaching, new branding packages, and other assistance to winning African sustainable and circular fashion designers.
Fashionomics Africa, in conjunction with the UN Environment Program, Parsons School of Design, BPCM, and the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, is inviting interested African fashion businesses to enter the sustainable fashion online competition.
To be eligible, entrants must be undertaking ecologically beneficial, sustainable, and circular economy practices.
The competition honors African fashion brands that are revolutionizing the way we make, buy, use, and recycle clothing, as well as encouraging a more sustainable shift in consumer behavior.
- The winning designer or design team will get $3,000 in addition to additional awards for producing the “most sustainable design.”
- Two additional competition finalists will each get $1,500 in addition to other benefits.
- Aside from the financial award, the winning fashion firm will get a diploma and the chance to promote its work by participating in online events and sharing insights on the industry’s significant sustainability concerns.
- The winner will have access to a network of media insiders and industry experts, as well as mentorship and networking opportunities from the competition’s partners.
Requirements for the African Development Bank Fashionomics Africa Contest
- The competition is aimed at African textile, garment, and accessory businesses.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older, have started a fashion firm (with a limit of 50 workers), and have generated sustainable designs within the past five years.
- Applicants who meet the criteria will submit photos of their products, a description of their sustainable business model, and an explanation of how their startup is environmentally friendly and innovative.
How to Apply for the African Development Bank Fashionomics Africa Contest
The three finalists will be announced by a five-person judging panel from the African Development Bank and competition partners by March 22, 2022.
Between March 22 and April 7, 2022, the finalists’ submissions will be presented on the Fashionomics Africa digital marketplace and mobile application for public voting. The polls end at 23:59 GMT on April 7th.
Applications must be submitted by 23:59 GMT on March 1, 2022.
To apply, go to this link.
Visit Fashionomics Africa Contest for more details.
Recommended for You