Interested Africans are encouraged to apply for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship to Study in the United Kingdom in 2022/23.
The Africa scholarship program is for African students who wish to pursue their degree to the Master’s level in the United Kingdom and wish to study at the university.
If you’re an international student from Africa who is self-funding their postgraduate education, you may be eligible for a £4,000 scholarship provided as a tuition fee reduction.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex, UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Masters Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK.
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Masters Degree Studies
Scholarship Worth: $4,000.
Nationality: African Students
Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2022/23 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the University of Essex African Scholarships, you must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- These scholarships are only available to students who pay their tuition in another country and are completely self-funded.
- Students must be habitually resident (for a definition of ordinary residence, see the terms and conditions below) in an African country (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- Applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the countries listed above may be eligible for these scholarships.
- Applicants must have received an undergraduate degree with a grade of at least the stated level. It is not possible to use a better Masters grade to make up for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA, and MRes degrees that begin in October 2022 or January 2023 are eligible.
- These scholarships will be considered for applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a seat by September 16, 2022 (for a start in October 2022) or January 6, 2023 (for a start in January 2023) and have satisfied the academic admission requirements.
- There may only be one scholarship awarded per student, and it cannot be combined with any other University of Essex awards.
- This award is limited to the first year of master’s studies; successful candidates must be willing to participate in promotional activities.
Specific Country Requirements:
- Ghanaian students must have a CGPA of 3.0/4.0 or above.
- Nigerians must have a CGPA of 3/5 or above.
- Other African Union member states 2:1 or higher (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria).
How to Apply for the Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship
You must apply for admission to study at the University of Essex, and if you match the aforementioned criteria, you will be considered for the scholarship automatically. There is no need to fill out an application form.
The academic transcripts and certifications you provide with your application for a seat at Essex will be used to determine your eligibility.
Deadline: September is the deadline for applications (Annually)
For more information, go to the official website.
Recommended for You