The Africa Oxford Health Innovation Platform, which will take place in the United Kingdom in 2022, is now accepting applications.
The Africa Oxford Health Innovation Platform (AfOx-HIP) is a multi-disciplinary initiative that helps African entrepreneurs find novel ways to address Africa’s health concerns. It does this by bridging the gap between research and industry in order to address prevention, early detection, and treatment via impact investment and innovation.
AfOx-HIP is an outgrowth of Africa-Oxford cooperation aiming at bridging the gap between research and business in order to address intractable socioeconomic issues. It goes even further, assisting in the transformation of ideas into viable answers to major difficulties via innovation and entrepreneurship. This is part of a larger goal for long-term sustainability.
Without a question, changing social ideas about how to create and maintain value in the world provide an opportunity to promote the pursuit of purpose via impact investing and innovation.
As a result, AfOx-HIP is willing to work in any scientific field. This encompasses research outside of the life and engineering sciences, as well as any technology that leads to the development of illness prevention, diagnostic, management, and treatment options.
Worth of Scholarship
Beneficiaries of the AfOx-HIP, in reality, stand to benefit the following:
- AfOx-HIP will collaborate with African innovators to improve skills in areas such as creative problem solving, translational research, entrepreneurship, and venture acceleration.
- 50 of Africa’s most promising young scholars and innovators.
- For Africa’s health, innovation and entrepreneurship are essential.
- AfOx Innovation will be given to 15 innovators for individualized assistance.
Requirements for the Africa Oxford Health Innovation Platform
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following requirements.
- Solutions should show a substantial potential for upgrading health systems, with a focus on major improvements in healthcare equality and access.
- As a result, all topics related to Africa’s health concerns are eligible to apply.
- Novel maternal and neonatal care solutions to improve mortality and morbidity outcomes; medical laboratory-related testing and diagnostic capacity to support pathogen treatment, monitoring, and control, as well as increased resilience to endemic diseases; and zoonotic disease-related solutions are all highly encouraged.
- Applications from female and under-represented innovators/entrepreneurs are also strongly welcomed.
How to Apply for the Africa Oxford Health Innovation Platform
It’s vital to emphasize at this stage that all applications must be submitted via the AfOx online submission portal.
Last but not least, applications must be received by Wednesday, March 31, 2022, at 23:59 BST.
For more information and to apply, go here.
Recommended for You