The Active Citizenship Award for Young Africans 2022 is now accepting nominations. Noble Missions is searching for young Africans between the ages of 15 and 35 to honor as their next Active Citizenship Awardees in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, and The Gambia.
The Active Citizenship Award honors young Africans (aged 15 to 35) who go above and above their civic responsibilities to maintain democracy, enhance access to basic utilities, achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, or improve the quality of life in their communities/countries in Africa. The goal of the award is to inspire young people to take action on a regular basis that helps to the upholding of democracy and the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The following are the prize categories for this year:
- Gender Equality
- Climate Action and Environmental Justice
- peace, Justice, and Security
- Active Citizenship in Ghana Award
- Active Citizenship in Kenya Award
- Active Citizenship in Liberia Award
- Active Citizenship in The Gambia Award
Each category’s finalists and winners will receive a certificate of honor. The winners will be inducted into the “Active Citizens Hall of Fame.”
Active Citizenship Award 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be an African living and working in one of the African nations listed below: Nigeria, Gambia, Liberia, Ghana, or Kenya.
- You must be at least 15 years old and no more than 35 years old.
- Education, Health, Climate Action, Gender Equality, Peace and Justice, and Democracy are all areas in which your work might be used.
- You may be nominated by someone else, but you must submit the nomination yourself.
- Previous finalists are not able to apply again.
To nominate someone, go here.
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Visit the Active Citizenship Award website for more information.
Recommended for You